Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the last few weeks

The last few weeks have gone by quite fast. I have been busy with packing and all the moving stuff. Last weekend we drove our car to Rexburg and left it at a friends so that my family can pick it up there and drive it back to Medford for us. While there we went to the Titanic exhibit. Which I have really wanted to go to. I find the story so fascinating. It was a great exhibit and Kaylie loved it. She even played titanic at recess yesterday and got so mad when one of the boys wanted to use there ship for his army. She had to explain to him that it is not for the army, it was a big ship that wrecked and lots of people died. It was funny when she explained it. All of you who have heard Kaylie tells stories can probably just picture her explaining this to this kid. She is a great story teller.
Some other funny things that have happened.
Marissa had informed us that when she grows up she is going to be a "lion". I am not sure how that is possible but that is what she wants to be. I do think that she is loud enough to be one.

We took our table up the the woods last night and burned it. We were really in need of getting a new one and so we cut this one up. When Brett turned on the chain saw Marissa started freaking out and crying, She did not want us to do this to the table. I tried to explain to her that we are going to buy a new one and she still was very upset. But when I told her she could come with me to pick out a pretty table then she settle down. Poor thing, she was so confused. maybe she thought that she no longer gets to eat.

The other funny thing that happened. My good friend keri went to get her hair done at the salon. I aid to Brett infront of the girls that I wanted to go see Keri's hair. They asked what happened so I told them that Dave (keri's husband) accidentally caught her hair on fire and she had to get it cut really short like a boys hair. They were very distraught about this. Discussing amongst themselves how she could wear hats and get a wig. Then when Sophie said family prayer last night, she was so kind as to ask that Keri's hair would grow. I had to call Keri after that and she got a kick out of it.
i will really miss when my kids grow up. Already I am having a hard time realizing that brett and I are done and will have no more babies. Sure no more diapers, bottles, and getting up allot at tonight. But no more tiny little hands and ears and toes. Soft little hair. Ok if Brett said that he wanted another so would I but I know that we are done. But anywho, It is sad to see your kids grow up, and into the more serious stage. I think that I want them to stop growing and just stay little forever. At least Marissa is still tiny.

Ok now today I have to call our the utilities, and start to pack up the rest of the stuff. My gaol: have everything packed bu Thursday. I could get it all done today, but I still might need some stuff. I hope that I don't run out of boxes. When we moved here, we burnt a bunch and I have not replaced any of those ones, so hopefully we will be ok.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Moving is so much work. I know that Brett's parents are glad to have you back, though.

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Can't believe that this week is going by so fast. I had to laugh again at the hair story. We will probably still be laughing about it when the kids are grown. :-)

The George's said...

It was great to see you back today! Funny stories.